CAMPAIGN OFFICE: 215 East Main Street, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Telephone: (269) 925-6250 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Michigan needs an economy that works for the Middle Class.
Rick Snyder's Metrics and Measurements: Click to view the data on our abysmal unemployment rate, per capita income, credit rating, and class size under his term as Governor.
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT: Whether you already have health insurance through your job or you are planning on getting it through the new marketplace, the Affordable Care Act is going to protect you. Under the new health care law, new rules will help you get the care you need. Here's how your insurance coverage is getting better:
- You cannot be denied coverage or charged more because of a pre-existing condition.
- You cannot be dropped from your insurance if you get sick or injured.
- Your insurer cannot impose an annual limit on how much care they will pay for.
- Your insurer cannot put a cap on how much health care they will cover over your lifetime.
- Important preventive care-like blood pressure checks, cholesterol tests and cancer screenings-is 100 percent covered, with no co-pays.
- You are protected from big increases in your premiums.
- Your insurer has to spend at least 80 percent of premiums on direct medical care or efforts to improve the quality of care - and if they don't, they have to cut you a check.
CHARTER SCHOOLS 101: Making Profits, not Educating Children
Berrien County Democratic Clubs
The South County Democratic Club, serving the Niles/Buchanan area and beyond, meets the Second Wednesday of each month at the Bell Building, 305 North Third Street, Niles. Social hour begins at 6:30 p.m. and the General Membership Meeting starts at 7:00 p.m.
Harbor Country Progress, serving Chikaming, New Buffalo and Three Oaks Townships and beyond, meets the Second Thursday of each month at their headquarters, 16142 Red Arrow Highway, Union Pier. Potluck/BYOB beings at 6:30 p.m. followed by a General Membership Meeting at 7:30 p.m. The Berrien County Democratic Women meet the Second Tuesday of the month at the Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library, 500 Market Street, St. Joseph. Social Hour begins at 5:30 p.m. followed by the General Membership Meeting at 6:00 p.m.